What’s stopping you from starting your business today? For many idea-havers and aspiring entrepreneurs, the biggest obstacle is the time investment. However, when you break it down piece by piece, you might find that your new business is closer than you expect. Let’s take a look at three key things that determine how long it takes to start a new business.
1. Nailing Down the Basic Details
Rule Number 1 when starting your business: don’t overthink. Some starters get lost in the details, spending hours, days, or even weeks on small processes such as:
- Choosing a name for your business. Save time and use a company name generator tool.
- Deciding the details of ownership and management. Speed up the process with a company ownership setup tool.
- Getting your business online. Get online today with a domain name finder, registration, and management tools completely streamline this process. You can then launch a “coming soon” page in minutes.
Many entrepreneurs know you can start your business without having everything figured out. In fact, working out the details is a valuable part of the process. When you break it down one step at a time, you’ll find that it’s much less complicated and time-consuming than it may seem at first.
2. The Legal Side of Starting a Business
The legal aspects of starting a business can be the most daunting part, but it doesn’t have to be. The legal side of starting a business can actually be relatively quick and simple. Chances are, you probably don’t even need a lawyer.
- Creating legal documents and contracts: Streamlined with legal templates.
- Preparing and Filing Your EIN: This process is automated with an online EIN Application tool. The same goes for filing an S-Election.
- Trademark protection: You actually earn some “common law” unregistered trademark protections as soon as you start using a unique name or logo. (Assuming your trademark doesn’t infringe on someone else’s — but you can check that with a Trademark Search Tool).
What if you don’t even know where to begin? Not to worry! This guide to legally forming your company will tell you everything you need to know to get started.
3. Sorting out your Finances
There is a financial paradox you might face when starting a business — You need money to grow your business, but you can’t make money until you grow your business. Learn more about some options for getting your finances in order when starting your business on our blog “How Long Does it Take to Start a Business?”
Start Your Business Now with Startomatic
The truth is, it can take just a few minutes to start your business. While you may need a little longer to launch and grow your new company, you can start any time you would like. In fact, nothing is stopping you from starting right now.
Are you ready to get started? Startomatic is here to help. For just $99 a month and no long-term commitment, you can access all of the tools you need to launch and maintain your business. Startomatic can also save you tons of time with our tools, guidance, and support. Get started for free today with a 2-week Startomatic trial!